Access to Information and Privacy
The Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Division is responsible for the administration of the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act throughout the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) portfolio, including Service Canada and the Labour program.
Read more about the Access to Information and Privacy Division
The Director of the ATIP Division reports directly to HRSDC's Corporate Secretary, who is also the department's Chief Privacy Officer. The division:
- responds to access to information and privacy requests;
- promotes awareness and provides training on the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act to HRSDC employees;
- prepares an Access to Information Annual Report and a Privacy Act Annual Report to Parliament outlining how we operate, the volume of requests received, and how we have responded to those requests;
- develops corporate-wide access to information protocols and practices to guide access to information;
- develops corporate privacy policies and practices to protect and guide access to personal information;
- monitors trends, defines standards, analyses practices, advises program managers, and reviews proposed legislation, for example, in relation to privacy issues; and
- works with the Information Commissioner and the Privacy Commissioner, other government departments and agencies, and other key stakeholders.
Submit a Request
Requests for records held by HRSDC should be submitted under the Access to Information Act and must be accompanied by a $5.00 application fee. Requests to access your personal information held by the department should be submitted under the Privacy Act. Please note that there are no fees for submitting Privacy Act requests.
Whether your request is submitted pursuant to the Privacy Act or the Access to Information Act, your request should clearly indicate the type of record(s) you are seeking and include timeframes where possible. Be as specific as possible and include all relevant information which will assist the Department in locating the responsive records.
- Submit a request for information
Requests for personal information (Privacy Act requests) require your signature. Submit your request for personal information to:
Access to Information and Privacy Division
Phase IV, Level 1, Mail Stop 112
140 Promenade du Portage
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0J9
Completed Access to Information Requests
HRSDC provides a list of completed access to information requests on this site. All requests related to HRSDC, Service Canada, Labour, and the Canada Employment Insurance Commission are processed by HRSDC and are included in these statistics.
Reports, Publications and Policies
HRSDC provides annual reports on the administration of the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act, develops privacy policies, and posts privacy impact assessments.
- Date modified: