Essential Skills Profiles
Essential Skills Profiles describe how workers in various occupations use each of the key essential skills. They include:
- a brief description of the occupation;
- examples of tasks that illustrate how each essential skill is applied; and,
- complexity ratings that indicate the level of difficulty of the example tasks.
Access the profiles
Steps are being taken to update the Essential Skills Profiles and modify the database; in the meantime, the profiles are available through two online sources.
You can access:
- updated profiles through Working in Canada; or,
- original 350+ Essential Skills Profiles through the searchable database.
Learn more about how Essential Skills Profiles are developed and used:
- Guide to Essential Skills Profiles
- Readers' Guide to Essential Skills Profiles
- How others are using the profiles
Assess your essential skills
The link to this Web site is not under the control of the Government of Canada (GoC) and is provided solely for the convenience of users. The GoC is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. Registration is required to use the Build Your Career with Essential Skills occupation-specific assessment tool. The GoC does not offer any guarantee in this regard and is not responsible for the information found through this link. Users should be aware that information offered by non-GoC sites are not subject to the Official Languages Act and may be available only in the language(s) used by the site in question.
Keep us informed
- Date modified: