Temporary Foreign Worker Program
The Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) enables employers to hire foreign workers on a temporary basis to fill immediate skills and labour shortages, when Canadian citizens and permanent residents are not available to do the job.
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC)/Service Canada is responsible for assessing applications from employers requesting to hire temporary foreign workers (TFW), and issues a labour market opinion (LMO) on the likely impact these TFWs would have on the Canadian job market.
To Hire a Foreign Worker
Employers can select one of the following options to learn more about the requirements, wages, advertisement efforts and how to apply for:
Did you know?
Employers can reduce their paperwork by applying online for all lower and higher-skilled occupations. Visit the new, and secure, Temporary Foreign Worker Web Service to register.
Information for Employers
- Employer Compliance: Requirements for the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- Variations to the Minimum Advertising Requirements
- CIC Guidebook for Employers
- Helping employers hire workers from underrepresented groups
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations
- Temporary Workers in Quebec
- Applying for an LMO before a temporary foreign worker has been identified
Information for Foreign Workers
- Date modified: